HCC and United Way Suncoast Certified Nursing Assistant Program
Working together, HCC’s Institute of Corporate and Continuing Education (ICCE) and the United Way Suncoast have partnered to offer a clinical nursing assistant (CNA) training program with hope of filling many CNA positions within the Tampa Bay Area.
Course Details: Certified Nursing Assistants (CNA), also known as Certified Nurse’s Aides, work in a variety of healthcare settings providing basic healthcare services to patients at nursing homes/rehab facilities and hospitals. This training program is conducted in the classroom, labs and online and includes 40 hours in the clinical setting. Upon completion of the course, students are eligible to challenge the CNA state licensing exam or immediately work as a Home Health Aide.
Course Dates and Times: 09/07/21 to 11/03/21 on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays from 9am to 1pm
Location(s): Rithm at Uptown University Mall (2200 E. Fowler Ave Suite 224) on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Sulphur Springs Resource Center (8412 N 12th St, Tampa, FL 33604) on Wednesdays.
The United Way Suncoast is providing FULL scholarships for this program. including student materials, (scrubs, textbooks, BP cuff, etc.), access to career navigation services, assistance with job placement, soft skills training, financial coaching, and individual support services, as needed.
Students will be responsible for their Initial Background Check ($50) and Drug Screen ($35). This fee will be reimbursed by the United Way Suncoast upon successful completion of the course.
- Watch the short CNA information video HERE.
- Register for one of the two required Zoom information sessions below.
- After the info session, you will receive the scholarship application to submit to the United Way Suncoast with your resume. Need help with your resume? Contact the United Way for assistance.
- When the application is received, you will be contacted by United Way Suncoast staff for a brief interview prior to being selected to attend the program.
- Once selected, you will be given instructions on how to complete your initial background check and drug screen.
- Once passed, you will receive information on how to register for the course.
Info Session 1: July 19, 2021, from Noon to 1 pm on Zoom (REGISTER NOW)
Info Session 2: July 23, 2021, from 6 pm to 7 pm on Zoom (REGISTER NOW)
NOTE: You are registering for the info session, not the CNA course. The course registration information will only be given to scholarship recipients.
The following healthcare certification courses are also available at HCC. Click the link below to learn more about the courses and availability.