HCC AND UNITED WAY SUNCOAST CERTIFIED NURSING ASSISTANT PROGRAM
Working together, ICCE and United Way Suncoast have partnered to offer a clinical nursing assistant (CNA) training program with hope of filling many CNA positions within the Tampa Bay Area. The United Way Suncoast is offering full scholarships to residents who qualify from Hillsborough, Pinellas, Manatee, Sarasota and Desoto counties.
Register for one of the required info sessions below!
Course Details: Certified Nursing Assistants (CNA), also known as Certified Nurse’s Aides, work in a variety of healthcare settings providing basic healthcare services to patients at nursing homes/rehab facilities and hospitals. This training program is conducted in the classroom, labs and online and includes 40 hours in the clinical setting. Upon completion of the course, students are eligible to challenge the CNA state licensing exam or immediately work as a Home Health Aide.
Course Dates and Times: 2/10/2022 to 4/19/2022 on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays from 9am to 1pm
Location(s): Rithm at Uptown (University Mall (2200 E. Fowler Ave Suite 224)
Course Fee: United Way Suncoast is providing FULL scholarships for this program, including student materials, (scrubs, textbooks, BP cuff, etc.), and access to career navigation services, assistance with job placement, soft skills training, financial coaching, and individual support services. Students will be responsible for their Initial Background Check ($50) and Drug Screen ($35). This fee will be reimbursed by United Way Suncoast upon successful completion of the course.
Process to Apply:
- Watch the short CNA information video HERE.
- Register for one of the two required Zoom information sessions below. NOTE: You are only registering for the info session, not the CNA course. The course registration information will only be given to scholarship recipients.
Info Session 1 (Registration closed): January 18, 2022 from noon to 1pm on Zoom
Info Session 2: January 19, 2022 from 6pm to 7pm on Zoom
NOTE: You are not registering for the CNA class at this time. Only those that qualify for the United Way scholarship will be able to register for the actual class. You must attend one of the info sessions and be selected through the application process.
- After registering and attending an information session, you will be provided a link to apply for a scholarship. You will submit the completed application, your resume and two references.
- If selected, you will be contacted by United Way staff for a brief interview.
- Following the interview, if awarded a scholarship, you will be given instructions to complete your initial background check and drug screen.
- Once passed, students will receive instructions to register for the CNA course with the course fee covered by United Way Suncoast.