ELECTRICAL LINE WORKER TRAINING PROGRAM
The Electrical Line Worker Training Program is designed to provide students with the fundamental knowledge and basic skills needed when seeking a career opportunity in the electric utility industry as a line worker trainee.
This educational training program requires an adjustment to your daily activities from June 18 to September 24, 2024, from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m., including coursework that must be completed online.
Please ensure that you are mentally prepared for the classroom program and physically prepared for the portion of the program that takes place outside in the elements.
The following certifications will be earned upon class completion:
- OSHA 10-Hour
- CPR & AED
- First Aid
Start Date: Tuesday, June 18, 2024
End Date: Tuesday, September 24, 2024
Class Meeting Dates: Tuesdays/Wednesdays/Thursdays- (Attendance is required for all program dates and times)
Class Meeting Times: 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. (Plus weekly online homework)
Training Location: HCC Brandon Campus
Tuition: $6,500 (TECO scholarships available for those who qualify)
- Have a driver’s license (learner licenses are not accepted)
- 18 years old or older (By the start of the course)
- High school diploma/GED (By the start of the course)
- Pass a level 2 background check
- Pass a drug screen
- Must be able to lift 50-80 lbs
Students who successfully complete the four-month program are encouraged to interview with TECO for an entry-level Electrical Line Worker trainee position. Hourly wage starts at $26.98 and in five years can increase to $50 per hour or more. TECO is very dedicated to the safety of its team members and offers an excellent benefits package that includes health insurance, retirement benefits, and generous time off.
Steps To Apply:
- Click Here to Complete the Application (SUBMIT ONE APPLICATION).
- Receive approval from HCC-ICCE staff to attend Discovery Bootcamp (allow 2 to 3 business days).
- Receive a link to register for the mandatory Discovery Bootcamp Assessment Course (Cost $93).
- Attend Discovery Bootcamp Assessment Course on Saturday, June 1, 2024, 7:00 a.m. – 10:00 a.m. SHARP at the HCC Brandon Campus.
- The highest scoring 16 Students who pass the assessment will then be required to pass a background check and drug screening test.
- Receive a link to register for the Electrical Line Worker Course (allow 2 to 3 business days).
Space is limited, apply today!
Only one scholarship may be approved per individual.
This class or schedule doesn’t meet your needs. Tell us why. CLICK HERE to join our interest list for this course.