In today’s go-go society of new, now, next, it is vital for employees to stay up-to-date on things we often take for granted. For example, we all use email as if it were an extra limb. But are you using it effectively? Are you taking advantage of changes to programs like Outlook to best manage your time? There are so many changes that it becomes impossible for the average person to keep it all on point.
Enter the Webinar.
Webinars (web + seminar) take advantage of our need for new information and put it in the context of a busy lifestyle. These online seminars are done from the comfort of your own home or office and can last anywhere from 1 hour to a full day depending on what kind of topic is being covered. Setup is simple, with a direct link and login provided by the host company.
Without further ado, here are the top 5 webinars no professional should skip:
- Excel. Nearly every position at some point uses Excel. This spreadsheet miracle can turn hours of work in to a few clicks of the mouse, error free. Likewise, trying to use this Miscrosoft program without a working knowledge can become a personal nightmare. Webinars reviewing the basics of Excel and updates to the software can make your life much easier and ultimately saves you time.
- Email. However you slice it, we just can’t live without it! While it has given us much more mobility in our daily lives, it has likewise entranced us with hours of mindless checking and rechecking of emails that never seem to stop coming. Programs like Outlook offer a seemingly endless array of options that can be confusing. Taking a webinar can; Teach you how to manage your emails constructively and Refresh you on what exactly all those options do. Remember, companies like Microsoft put these features there to make your life easier, the hard part is just learning what they are.
- Grammar/Writing. A well written professional can move mountains while a poorly versed individual will not be taken seriously. Reviewing proper grammar and basic writing styles can help you in any area of your job. Even if the extent of your writing experience is composing emails, how you word these messages can still make or break a deal, relationship or request. Webinars cover everything from exercising diplomacy in letters to organizing a business proposal.
- Public Speaking. This is consistently voted one of the biggest fears in the U.S. Like a good writer, public speaking done right can motivate, unite and inspire an audience. In the business world, a well put together presentation will get you what you want, when you want it. Just remembering a few key points can make all the difference. Supporting technology like PowerPoint is also a vital tool that can be much like Excel in its useful yet complex nature. Webinars will make a difference.
- Time Management. All the above points have had the end goal of saving you time. So what do you do with the time you have? In interviews this is one of the most commonly asked questions and most professionals complain that this is their greatest challenge. A webinar by definition exists to help you better manage your time. The lessons learned in your professional life can be translated on a personal level and ultimately lead to a happier you.
Webinars can help lead to better productivity, more free time and less stress in your life. All of the above topics are available at www.tampatraining.com.