SHRM Essentials of Human Resource Certificate Program
Course No: ECD 8406
Length: 14 Hours
This program is ideal for those who are just starting out in the HR profession, those who perform HR duties or who are looking for an effective way to boost their employee managements skills. Recently updated, this 14 hour comprehensive program provides an overview of human resource roles and responsibilities, giving participants critical knowledge to help reduce potentially costly lawsuits and improving their ability to handle challenging HR issues.
This course has been submitted for pre-approval. The use of this seal is not an endorsement by HR Certification Institute of the quality of the program. It means that this program has met HR Certification Institute’s criteria to be pre-approved for recertification credit.
This class will allow you to:
- Build a solid foundation in human resource management.
- Understand key pieces of federal legislation on sexual harassment, age discrimination, the Family and Medical Leave Act, and much more.
- Understand the role of the EEOC and its investigatory process.
- Improve your employee recruitment and selection process to help avoid legal pitfalls.
- Understand the importance of effectively communicating base pay, incentive compensation and benefits information to staff at all levels.
- Gain knowledge of employee orientation, on-boarding, and training and development.
- Learn the process, methods and purpose of performance appraisals.
Who Should Attend:
Those who are just starting out in the HR profession
Those who perform HR duties
Those who are looking for an effective way to boost their employee management skills
Those looking for 12 re-certification credits.